Saturday, November 14, 2009

Postpartum is not the same life...

This week:
Wed core workout

Thurs 5 mi run (sub 11 min/miles, but I don't know exactly as I didn't precisely time it).

Friday: nuthin'

Saturday: So far core workout and 100 pushups week 1 day 3. I don't know if I said this, but my intention is to do two weeks with modified knee pushups and then do a new exhaustion test and do weeks 1-2 again with real pushups.

My plan is to get a 5 miler in today if the weather holds, and my ligaments too--they've been sore.

It's been 12 weeks since I had my baby, and I wonder when I'm ever going to feel normal. Yesterday was the first day I was able to button a pair of my regular jeans--even if they are still tight they buttoned! I couldn't button them last week. Maybe I'll never feel "normal" again--maybe it's time to develop a new normal, I don't know. I'm hoping that the working out will get my body back to some type of normal. I wonder when I'm not going to feel my ligaments when I run.

I had originally put Crossfit as a November goal, but I think that I am going to go ahead with keeping up with my core workouts and doing the 100 pushups program (hundredpushups.com) for this month. Crossfit will come back when I feel stronger because I don't want to hurt myself. I do need to get my ass to the pool as well...but I'm just not feeling that yet. It will come because I want to do triathlons this summer, and that requires swimming.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, I'm not sure when or if you're old "normal" will come back but I bet you emerge with a new and better normal in a few weeks or months!

    ReplyDelete