Monday, November 2, 2009

Core workout and a hike and an accidental run

Today I went to my core class and all the babies were awake. My boy was really good and entertained himself by watching me for the hour. The planks are killer and today we added some side hip workouts. Ouch.

Since it was so nice outside today, I texted a colleague of mine to see if she wanted to go for a hike in Palos with her baby, who is a week younger than mine. She did, so we went out to enjoy the fall woods on a beautiful day. I took Lucy, my dog, as well. Lucy decided it was a good idea to roll in horseshit on the trail. She has a pinch collar, and the shit collected under the collar next to her neck. To add to the delight, oak leaves got stuck in the shit on the collar, so it looked like she had some absurd oak leaf necklace. On the way back it got more interesting because I dropped her leash and didn't realize it. We got to the end of the trail and I noticed it wasn't on the stroller, so my friend stayed with the babies while I ran back to find it. At the same time, Amilio was crying with hunger, so I gave my friend the bottle of breastmilk to feed him while I took the dog for the impromptu run. We were under the added time crunch of the trail entrance closing at 3:30 as well, and it was 3:13--or so I thought. I haven't been able to figure out how to change my watch for daylight savings time, so it was a bit earlier than that. I ran for 3 mins and then told myself I only had 1 more minute to find the leash. I found it 35 seconds later, thankfully, and I could hook Ms. Horseshit to the leash. We (me and the dog) then ran back to the babies, and I haven't run that fast in a while. It all ended well, and I hope to get out on the trail for a few more times before winter shuts us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment